madmax wrote:
> The interface (AIDL) for
> communication between the activity and the service is defined in
> another package in another application. How can i now access this SAME
> interface for communicating with the service from my new application?

You copy the AIDL file, put it in the same package as in the old
project, and use it in your new project. In the links I provided
earlier, you will see that the IScript AIDL file resides in both projects.

> Here Mark has given some examples, but am not very clear as to how the
> same interface will be used "across" applications. The examples above
> have the client in another package and the service in the other but
> both packages in the SAME application.

No, they don't. They are two separate Android applications, with two
separate APK files, two separate manifests, two separate source trees,
and two separate copies of the same AIDL file in the same package.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.0
Available!