Hello everyone,

I am currently somewhat struggling to get the Android emulator to use
a custom DNS server, which is running on localhost (127.0.0.1).

As of now, I have tried various approaches trying to convince the
emulator to use my DNS server, so far without success. In the end, it
always boils down to the following error message:

### WARNING: can't resolve DNS server name 'localhost'
### WARNING: will use system default DNS server

localhost, however, resolves correctly when supplied to nslookup:

| $ nslookup localhost
| Server:  dnszrh01.xxx
| Address:  10.xxx.xxx.xxx
|
| Non-authoritative answer:
| Name:    localhost.xxx
| Address:  127.0.0.1

Using the IP address instead of the hostname also does not help much,
it just changes the error message to:

### WARNING: can't resolve DNS server name '127.0.0.1'
### WARNING: will use system default DNS server

The extra command line I am using to start the emulator reads: -http-
proxy http://proxy.xxx:8080 -dns-server 127.0.0.1 -debug-proxy -
verbose

This is happening with Android emulator version 5.0 (build_id
ECLAIR-24846) running on Windows.

Any hint how to get this working is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Thilo