Hi All,

I have created a widget to be displayed on android emulator's home
screen to display some long text. In my main.xml layout file i've
already set TextView properties like singleLine="true",
ellipsize="marquee", focusable="true" etc, but still when my widget is
displayed on home screen text does not move/scroll.

----------------- main.xml layout file ------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
androidrientation="vertical"
android:layout_gravity="center"
android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:background="@drawable/
background">
<TextView android:id="@+id/widget_textview"
android:text="@string/widget_text"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal|center"
android:layout_marginTop="5dip"
androidadding="10dip"
android:textColor="@android:color/black"
android:singleLine="true"
android:ellipsize="marquee"
android:focusable="true" />
</LinearLayout>

----------------- end of main.xml layout file ------------------------

------------- My WidgetProvider.java file ----------------------

package com.android.weatherdata;

import android.util.Log;
import android.widget.RemoteViews;
import android.appwidget.AppWidgetManager;
import android.appwidget.AppWidgetProvider;
import android.content.Context;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.app.PendingIntent;

public class WeatherWidget extends AppWidgetProvider{

private static final String TAG = "WeatherWidget";

@Override
public void onUpdate(Context context, AppWidgetManager
appWidgetManager, int[] appWidgetIds)
{
Log.d("WEATHER-WIDGET", "onUpdate(): ");

final int N = appWidgetIds.length;
// Perform this loop procedure for each App Widget that belongs to
this provider
for (int i=0; i<N; i++) {
int appWidgetId = appWidgetIds[i];

// Create an Intent to launch ExampleActivity
Intent intent = new Intent(context, Weather.class);
PendingIntent pendingIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(context, 0,
intent, 0);

Log.i("WEATHER-WIDGET", " Create and Attach Text-view click handler
");
// Get the layout for the App Widget and attach an on-click listener
to the button
RemoteViews views = new RemoteViews(context.getPackageName(),
R.layout.main);
views.setOnClickPendingIntent(R.id.widget_textview , pendingIntent);

// Tell the AppWidgetManager to perform an update on the current App
Widget
appWidgetManager.updateAppWidget(appWidgetId, views);
}
}
}

----------------- End of WidgetProvider file--------------------

When i add widget on home screen than only some part of text is
displayed as " Latest Weather Infor" but i would like to write the
code in such a way that the complete text should scroll till the
complete string/text is displayed.

Please suggest whether i need to change my layout file or what logic i
can write so that i can scroll the text.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi