I have the same problem. Im running an app in the emulator or on my G1
device and sometimes there is an UnknowHostException thrown. But if i
check if the host is available (for example over ping) then there is
no problem.

The app is also working correctly, if I close the emular and/or
eclipse an restart the app. Then i works well again.