Hi all,
I've extended the View class to create a custom View that draws a
shape in the onDraw method. The dimensions of the shape are derived
from calling getMeasuredWidth() and getMeasuredHeight(). This works
fine when I create one and add it to an alert dialog using
builder.setView(). However, if I create an arraylist of customviews
and add one at random to the alert, the actual shape is not drawn. In
the logs, the getMeasuredWidth() and getMeasuredHeight() show as 0
initially, but after adding them to the alert they become 236 and 345,
which is fine. However, the shape does not appear. I've tried all the
suggested methods such as invalidate() but to no avail. Any
suggestions?

Regards

Angus