Hi there,

In Cupcake, when long-pressing a bucket of images in the Gallery
application, and selecting Slideshow from the pop-up menu, a VIEW
intent would be launched that my application could intercept. The
intent contained an extra boolean value set to true; and I was using
that boolean value to start the slideshow (otherwise I would just show
the image)

In Eclair (both on my physical test device and in the SDK), this
behaviour has suddenly changed: the (non-fancy) Gallery application
will call the following Intent: Intent { dat=content://media/external/
images/media/some_image cmp=com.android.gallery/
com.android.camera.ViewImage (has extras) }

So, my application is suddenly been bypassed and my customers are
wondering why my application is suddenly broken.

Secondly, the Gallery application in Cupcake used to attach a
queryparameter to the VIEW intent, holding the BucketId of the folder
that the user wants to browse. In Eclair, the BucketId has been moved
to the Intent's extras. That's fine, but instead of passing the
BucketId, it is passing the bucket_display_name column. This bug
breaks my application even further, as bucket_display_name does not
have to be unique.

My question is: what will be done to the default Gallery application
and its documentation to allow developers to integrate their products
with it? Hopefully something will be done to fix this as I invested a
lot of time in my application and I don't want to abandon my customers.