Realistically:

-They are in the post, most likely shipped from US. So they've been
delivered to US devs and are on the way to Europe where I guess after
being sorted, they'll be distributed to our homes.
-Our phones won't come with FroYo
-We can't purchase a contract with Vodafone at get a refund from
Google

Some of this speculation is ridiculous :/

We all know its nearly 2 months since they acknowledged us as part of
the program, but its a free phone so all you can do is wait.

Also in reply to fhucho:
Chess for Android has a better name and most likely has also been on
the market for longer. Most of the times people will go for the app
that is the most popular first and if it does the job won't try
others.