I need to find out the following information or guidance to achieve a
solution:

1. I want to be able to capture bluetooth state changes, particularly
when it's paired and when it's not.  I do see I can possibly catch the
intent "android.bluetooth.a2dp.intent.action.SINK_STATE_CHANGED" but
how reliable is this throughout devices since I can't find it on the
APIs?

2. I want to be able to send now playing information to the paired
device.  I assume this is done via the AVRCP profile.  Does Android
support this profile?  I could not find it in the APIs but did find
some info that is supported by android on this site.
http://sites.google.com/a/android.com/opensource/projects/bluetooth-faq

Thanks for all the help in advance!
-Moto