Hi, I have tried to find a way to update the Android Preferences
dynamically.

Under the /res/xml directory I have placed a XML file with
CheckBoxPreference elements. During application usage some of the
preferences CheckBoxPreference elements may vary in numbers. Sometimes
there may be 10 items and at other times there may be 35.

I have tried to place the XML file in the /assets diectory (where read
and write is possible) and then tried to replace the
R.xml.<XMLFileName> in the
addPreferenceFromResource(R.xml.<XMLFileName>) with the Assets file -
but that won't work.

Is it in anyway possible to write to, during runtime programmatically,
the XML files placed in the /res directory - and if - how do we do
that?

Is it possible - programmatically - to create and delete the entries
in the preferences - thereby omitting the XML file?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lars