I'm getting close to releasing my first Android Application, and I'd
like to make it compatible with all current APIs and screens. I've
developed it using my own phone (which is Android 1.6 HVGA), and I set
up the following 9 Emulators to hopefully test all other devices:

                - Android 1.5 HVGA mdpi
                - Android 1.6 QVGA ldpi
                - Android 1.6 HVGA mdpi
                - Android 1.6 WVGA800 mdpi
                - Android 1.6 WVGA800 hdpi
                - Android 1.6 WVGA854 mdpi
                - Android 1.6 WVGA854 hdpi
                - Android 2.1 WQVGA400 ldpi
                - Android 2.1 WQVGA432 ldpi

I based this list on Table 1 of
http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html.
I've gone about halfway through the list so far, and I'm finding that
I have to add more custom layouts and drawables to optimize the
display on each emulator than I anticipated.  I've followed the other
best practices recommended for multiple screen support, but I'm
finding I still need to do a lot of tweaking.

Is this test approach sufficient? Or is it possibly overkill?