I have installed quite a few Android SDK platforms. In fact I had done
so from within Eclipse ADT plugin. I very much appreciate help here.

Here is the output of "android list targets"

Available Android targets:
id: 1 or "android-4"
     Name: Android 1.6
     Type: Platform
     API level: 4
     Revision: 1
     Skins: HVGA (default), QVGA, WVGA800, WVGA854
id: 2 or "Google Inc.:Google APIs:4"
     Name: Google APIs
     Type: Add-On
     Vendor: Google Inc.
     Revision: 2
     Based on Android 1.6 (API level 4)
     Libraries:
      * com.google.android.maps (maps.jar)
          API for Google Maps
     Skins: WVGA854, HVGA (default), WVGA800, QVGA
id: 3 or "android-6"
     Name: Android 2.0.1
     Type: Platform
     API level: 6
     Revision: 1
     Skins: HVGA (default), QVGA, WQVGA400, WQVGA432, WVGA800, WVGA854
id: 4 or "Google Inc.:Google APIs:6"
     Name: Google APIs
     Type: Add-On
     Vendor: Google Inc.
     Revision: 1
     Based on Android 2.0.1 (API level 6)
     Libraries:
      * com.google.android.maps (maps.jar)
          API for Google Maps
     Skins: WVGA854, WQVGA400, HVGA (default), WQVGA432, WVGA800, QVGA
id: 5 or "android-7"
     Name: Android 2.1
     Type: Platform
     API level: 7
     Revision: 1
     Skins: HVGA (default), QVGA, WQVGA400, WQVGA432, WVGA800, WVGA854
id: 6 or "Google Inc.:Google APIs:7"
     Name: Google APIs
     Type: Add-On
     Vendor: Google Inc.