Signal strength isn't really a factor except for the visibility of
satellites. As Lance indicates, multipath through reflection weight
down on accuracy. So do urban canyons, bodies of water as well as
shadowing by trees or even just overcast skies.
What you can use programatically is the measure of error/accuracy (in
meters). It's somewhat accurate. The location indicator of the Maps
API uses that.