I have a multithreaded streaming app which has mainly the following 5
threads

1 Main App(UI) Thread
1 controller thread (in native)
1 audio decoder thread (in native)
1 video decoder thread(in native)
1 thread to query the head position of audio (in Java)
 Apart from this I have video rendering with OpenGL.

My problem is, if I query the thread priority using the
Thread.getPriority method (my native threads make callbacks to Java
and I am making the query at that point of time), I am getting the
priority of each of them as 5. For my audio query thread (the last one
in the list) I am explicitly setting the priority using
Process.setThreadPriority(Process.THREAD_PRIORITY_URGENT_AUDIO);

Also for my decoder threads, I am giving higher priority than my
controller thread(using pthread APIs in native). But still finally all
of them seem to have same priority.

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong here. Also what should I be
doing to increase the priority of my threads(both from Java and
native).

Thanks
KK