For whatever it's worth, this continues to happen. It seems to happen
faster and more frequently if I'm running in the debugger, but it
happens fairly often under all circumstances. I've had to move all my
onPause code to onStop, which is not optimal but it's the only thing
that works.

I'm running on Cupcake, and my impression is that Cupcake is simply
not done - there are lots of things that just flat out don't work
(e.g. this problem, RelativeLayout, "route add", Thread.isInterrupted,
etc). In many cases we've debugged into the system code and found the
bugs that cause the problems. Can anyone comment on how true this is
of more current builds?

Thanks,
   Aaron