I have a MapView in the main part of my application.  I have a context
menu that allows me to navigate away from the MapView to view archival
map data.  I can view that archival data in another MapView.  But when
I navigate away from the archival MapView, the main app MapView no
longer downloads tiles, and the position is changed to where the
archival MapView was last even though I supposedly had two "different"
MapViews.  This seems to imply they share a singleton backend or
static members of MapView are being shared.

Each MapView uses the same apikey, and both can render tiles until I
start toggling between the two views.  Each MapView is in a separate
Activity.

I tried searching around for issues with this, and google says one
"should" be able to have multiple MapViews, but I can't seem to get
around this strange behavior.  Anyone else had this issue and solved
it?

Thanks in advance...