Hi guys , thanks for the replys,
@Sanjay , i have taken care in case of ArrayAdapter for ListViews
I could successfully do save the state of application and also the handlers
problem was solved. What i did is that i used a Main class which extends
Application, whenever onCreate of my Activity gets called , i assign the
Activity reference to a Main class Activity variable.This happens each time
onCreate is called.
@JP, Actually the application is very huge currently. So i will slowly move
towards Service implementation, but for current releases i need to do
changes in the current architecture itself.
But currently i am  facing the issue of going OutOfMemory if i keep on
changing the layout from landscape to portratit and vice versa.
I have to take all the drawable images from a runtime folder under my
application as i have themes implementation and themes images come from
server. So i assign drawables at runtime to all the widgets.
When the orientation changes , i reassign the drawables to all widgets.I
have taken care of making the objects null.. And  views get null when
onDestroy is called. Also i havent kept the reference of activity anywhere
after onDestroy is called.. IS there anything wrong thats striking to anyone
right now ?
Thanks ,
Alok.