I'm with you on this. I don't want more fragmentation.

Profit is not the only motive, though. They want a market that works
on their HDTVs and DVD players. I don't know if they will be running
Android, but Google doesn't support running the market on non
smartphone devices. Samsung also makes Windows Mobile devices and
other OS devices.

I still think the Android Market would be a better choice where it is
usable, though.

Nathan