I have used the gacalendar data api / web access in early version of
Quick Addroid, my android app. The problem is, you need an internet
connection, if you want to enter a date, and, the biggest problem, you
have to ask the user for his password. That's bad, because a lot of
people don't like to give their password away to an app.

I think it's logical to use the calendar of the phone to add /
retrieve events. And it's a pity that Google doesn't publish a correct
way to do that.

Andreas