Hi,

I'm trying to write a program that changes the incoming caller ID
number to match exactly number in the phone's address book (since some
carriers vary how they send the caller ID).

I am receiving broadcasts for changes in phone state. I can get the
caller ID number by checking the "incoming_number" extra that comes
with the intent. However, when I change anything in the extra it
raises an exception saying that I can't do that because I'm using a
non-ordered broadcast receiver.
The SDK docs say that if I use the "android:priority" attribute in the
intent filter the broadcast will be ordered, but even when I do that,
I always get a non-ordered broadcast.

What could I be doing wrong?

Below is the snippet from my manifest file:

<receiver android:name=".Update">
   <intent-filter android:priority="100">
      <action android:name="android.intent.action.PHONE_STATE" />
      <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
   </intent-filter>
</receiver>

I tried setting the priority to 1 and to 100 but it still doesn't
work.

Thanks in advance,
Denis Souza