Hello,

I have been trying to take one of the elements that I am drawing in a
custom View class and apply an animation on it.

The custom view itself is essentially a background image that I draw
and some overlay images that I am also drawing in the onDraw method
using canvas.drawBitmap(). It is larger then the screen but I can
scroll around and see it. The overlays are sitting on specific
locations of the background image.

Essentially, I am trying to animate one of the overlay bitmaps (just a
simple fade in / fade out with AlphaAnimation). But am having a hard
time only animating that particular element.

The problem I am having is that the animation is being applied to the
entire view, and I just want this one element to be animated. I have
tried using a seperate view for just that overlay, but that creates
other problems, namely when I do this, only the new view will move
with the screen. If there is a away to combine this view with the main
custom view, perhaps that would also help (such that they both move
around).

I am fairly new with Android, so any assistance would be much
appreciated.

Regards,

Steven Gillan