This is described in the Dev Guide (
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/ui-events.html
)

// Create an anonymous implementation of OnClickListener

private OnClickListener mCorkyListener = new OnClickListener() {

    public void onClick(View v) {

      // do something when the button is clicked

    }
};

protected void onCreate(Bundle savedValues) {

    // Capture our button from layout
    Button button = (Button)findViewById(R.id.corky);

    // Register the onClick listener with the implementation above
    button.setOnClickListener(mCorkyListener);

}

You can also do it inline if you wanted:

button.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {

  public void onClick(final View v) {
    // do something here

  }
});

To call another Activity you can do something like this in your onClick:

Intent i = new Intent(this, OtherActivityName.class);
i.putExtra(String id, String value); // if needed to pass info between
the two activities

startActivityForResult(i,int id);

--minuo