Hello,

I'm a super noob to Android and have a couple questions... If there
are any links to examples that people know of I would love it if they
were posted.  I've been doing some searching and not seeing a lot on
what I'm looking for.

1.  Can have a program running in the background that will listen for
gestures across any view that is currently showing whether or not the
app "has focus"?

2.  Can you replace a core ui view with your own.  i.e.  Create a
keypad application that replaces the default android keypad with one
you have created.

Thanks in advance.
Josh