Hi,
  I have an activity A that has a list and a "+" button clicking on
which takes you to activity B. In B you can add an item and when
finish() is called it takes you back to activity A and shows the newly
added item (that you added in activity B).

Now I have a widget and I want to start activity B directly from the
widget. I can do that. What I want is that when then user is done
adding the item it should not take the user to activity A but directly
to the desktop because that is where he invoked the activity (B)
from....

I tried to set flags on the intent that I was using from the widget
but maybe I am not using the correct combination of intent flags and
launchmodes (in the manifest).

Any ideas?