Hi Guys,

Thanks for your inputs. I have one more question. Before I ask, here is in
brief, about what I'm doing.
I'm working on a research project in a university and we are trying to find
out the mobile users' context information. For this, we need to sense the
users' environment. So, the basic working of the service is as follows:

- Initialise on start : register call backs using Intent filters,
SensorManager and other System services
- The main thread sleeps for about 15 mins, wakes up collects info from
diff. classes and sends to a server. (i'm using the Java Timer class to do
this)

Now, my question is :  Will using the timer class, have the same effect as
using the AlarmManager ? or will it consume more resources.
Also, it would be great if someone can suggest better way of achieving what
I'm doing.

--
Cheers,
~Tejas