Hello,

   Since I am using a theme with a light background and thus dark text
color, I am trying to change the text color of a ProgressDialog from
black to white as follow  in my res/values/style.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>

<!--  theme général défini au niveau de l'application (ou de chaque
activité) -->
parent="android:Theme">
    <item name="android:windowBackground">@drawable/back_repeat</
item>
    <item name="android:textColor">#000</item>

         <item name="android:textColor">#FFFFFF</item>
          <item name="android:windowBackground">@drawable/back_repeat</
item>
</resources>

and when using a ProgressDialog I use the two arguments constructor

 final ProgressDialog dialog = new
ProgressDialog(this,R.style.DialogPetitsCarreaux);

Surprisingly in that case I get a ProgressDialog within another dialog
window that is indeed painted
with my custom background ... the text color is  white, but why that
extra window

see  http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~ppollet/c2i/progressdialog.png

I am using Android 2.1 on HTC Desire (same problem with the emulator)