Currently the contents of a manifest are static, and you can't change these
(even receivers) at runtime.  Receivers are a little bit of a special case
because you can dynamically register additional receivers while your app is
running -- but these only exist while your app is running, and are
completely independent of the receivers in the manifest (and work a little
differently from them, too).

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer