Hi,

I am from an OEM and we are doing some android customization work.
What we want to achieve is that for example, there are only two
applications (e.g. contacts and browser) running on the phone. Browser
is currently active, focused and visible to users, and Contacts is
paused, "under" Browser and not visible to users. For some special
cases, e.g, a special key event will trigger it, we want to "move" the
Browser window towards the screen bottom a little bit, for example 100
pixels. And at the moment, we can see part of the Browser window and
part of Contacts window (which is originally covered by the Browser
window and invisible to the user). How can we achieve this?

I took a look at the implementation of WindowManagerService and made
some changes to adjust the mAttrs.y of the top WindowState object in
the mWindows stack. In some cases, it is working and I can see two
windows, but in some cases, for example, if we use Browser and
AlarmClock as test case, it is not working.

Can someone explain to me how Android control which window to draw on
the screen?

Thanks,

Zhinan