It's actually not as useful as you might think, because turning on all of
the possibly interesting logs causes so much work to happen (even though the
final string won't be shown by logcat) that the system ends up being not
that usable.  We actually started down this path, which is where the
Config.LOGV constant comes from, but bailed that ever being true when it
became clear it didn't work well.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer