Hi Dianne,

Thanks for your input .. We tried getting that info frm Logcat thru
DDMS. But there is a significant difference (we can notice it by eye
also) by the time the event shown that activity is launched and it is
actually shown on the display screen .. So we are looking for ways to
get the info right before the information is drawn on the screen.. Is
there way we can get this info from windowmanger or surfaceflinger ??

Also could you pls let me know how I can use "launchperf in the
samples directory " ? any pointers towards this is highly appreciated.
we are struck-up at this pt...

Regs, Chaitanya