I think, the Error Printed by the Linker is incorrect - we have the
following piece of code( in Function  -

 1        char *sym_name = NULL;

 2       DEBUG("%5d Processing '%s' relocation at index %d\n", pid,
              si->name, idx);
 3       if(sym != 0) {
 4          s = _do_lookup(si, strtab + symtab[sym].st_name, &base);
 5          if(s == 0) {
 6               ERROR("%5d cannot locate '%s'...\n", pid, sym_name);
 7              return -1;
 8           }

The Error at line-6 will always prints NULL , the argument passed in
line-6 should be the name of symbol , whose lookup failed.

Thanks
Manikantan S