Do you mean that let the file manager broadcast an action and let the
MediaScannerReceiver to receive and respond the action?

Besides the implementation of updating the content providers, we are
interested more in the design intention of Android's content
management - is it a desired way to manipulate the files from file
manager directly? Does it violate Android's content provider's design?

Thanks,
Yangqing.

So the desired behavior is to update the content providers to make the
data consistent, right?