I have been writing an emulator for a game console on Android. I had
to use some C code (JNI) in order to gain good performance. I was
excited that it ran at full speed (60 fps) on my G1 (Firmware version:
1.0; Builder number: kila_uk-user 1.0 TC5-RC8 116470). But after I
have updated my G1 to a newer version (Firmware version: 1.5; Builder
number: kila-user 1.5 CRB21 147201), it runs much slower (30 fps).
After digging into the source code, I found out that the function
android::Surface::lock(SurfaceInfo *info, bool blocking) is taking
12-15 milliseconds. But originally, it almost took no time to finish.

Is there any significant change about how surface is locked between
the old and new versions? I was about to publish my app on Android
market, but was very upset about the poor performance on the newer
versions.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Thanks.