Hi,I meet a problem where "audio out" thread of media playback is of
unexpected high performance (8% of 624MHz) during video+audio playback. It
does not come up for pure audio playback. Anybody met similar situations
here?

I find the problem is because that "audio out" thread is not able to obtain
audio writing buffer timely. I use 8 buffer count in track creation, so dont
really understand why this happens.

At least one thing I find is that there are some changes in the following
function:
status_t AudioTrack::obtainBuffer(Buffer* audioBuffer, int32_t waitCount).
It uses a specific interval of 10 ms (WAIT_PERIOD_MS) as a timing out to
check the availability of audio write buffer. However, in older code base,
which might be a couple of months ago, the timing out is 1 second. And I
changed it back to be 1 second and that big performance cost was gone. So I
guess if it could be due to many times of conditional response function in &
out.

Any one here could shed some light on why there is a change from 1s to 10ms?
And I am not sure if I have used a correct method to solve this problem. So
please correct me if I made any misunderstanding. Thanks.

--
Thanks,
Andy