In this mode, the parsers look for the best sync sample from the first
10 sync samples. "Best" here is defined as the biggest frame in terms
of bytes with the rationale that an I-frame with more number of bytes
will have more pictorial information compared to the others.

So, first and foremost, you need to check how many I-frames is your
encoder producing, if any? If there are I-frames, look at the mp4
parser node to see why you are not seeing any thumbnail. Or, file a
bug, along with the clip in question, and we can take a look.

-Ravi