Hi,
        If I include a project with an android.mk file as follows:

subdir_makefiles += \
./library/SerialLibrary/Android.mk \

It doesn't install the SerialLibrary.apk file to out/target/product/
generic/system/app/SerialLibraryClient.apk

However, if use the mm command as follows, it does everything
correctly:
$ cd android
$ . build/envsetup.sh
$ cd library/SerialLibrary
$ mm

Install: out/target/product/generic/system/app/SerialLibraryClient.apk
Install: out/target/product/generic/system/etc/permissions/
com.company.serial_library.xml
Install: out/target/product/generic/system/framework/
com.company.serial_library.jar
Install: out/target/product/generic/system/lib/
libserial_library_jni.so
make: Leaving directory `/tool/android'

How should I modify main.mk or the SerialLibrary project files to get
it to automatically install, when I build the whole android SDK?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson