I am just curious whether it is possible to set a string resource from
the code (ie change the string resource). I was unable to find an
instance of this through searching Android's site, this discussion
board, or the web. My goal is as follows:

I have a view that displays information in the form of strings like
name, address, ect.. typical registration information. When I start
the activity, I have it load this information from String resources
that I have previously set. Then, at the bottom, I have an "edit"
sliding drawer that pulls up with edittext views that are populated
with the same, relevant string resources.

I would like to be able to add a update the string resources after
someone has typed something into the editText fields and closed the
sliding drawer.

Is this possible, or am I going about this in the wrong way?

Thank you.