yes i restarted the emulator number of times but still the same.One other
thing that i noticed previously that the player is to hold the previous
state of the player like the position at which the file was stopped.Because
when i restart the emulator with the same file loaded on to the sdcard it
starts at the same position at which it was stopped.does it happen like that
way??

And regarding the current issue(player nt showing the sdcard content), was
there any recent change in the mediascanner.java file??

And regarding the RaviY's question abt the permission on the sdcard, i
changed the mood while creating the sdcard to 777 apart from that i dnt how
to change the permission.Do we have anyother way of doing it??

Regards
Arindam