From: RaviY <yend...@pv.com>
To: android-framework <android-framework@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, 11 July, 2009 9:03:06 AM
Subject: Re: how does omx component comes to know about the number of channels
and sampling rate of the audio clip

I am not sure I understand the problem correctly. The parameters
initialized in the OMX components are just for "initialization". IF,
by change, the parameters match the actual clip, then the advantage
would be that there will not be any port reconfiguration for the OMX
components. That's about it.

Also, you are talking about WAV clips, for which, there is no OMX
component.

-Ravi

On Jul 10, 1:40 pm, sesha giri <sesha_giri_n...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi
>
> In the omx_component file for the specific decoder there are few
> initializations
> In those sampling rate and number of channels are also initialized.
>
> But I can see these are hard coded.
> Which is not correct.
> I am trying to play different ulaw files with different sampling rates.
> But I have to all the time change the values manualy and give the build.
>
> But this should not be the case.
> I can see the WAV parser reads these info.
> But I am not getting how to give the same info to decoder component.
>
> Please help me in this regard.
>
> Giri
>
>       Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo!
> Localhttp://in.local.yahoo.com/

      See the Web&#39;s breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out
Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/