As I said, there has been significant discussion on this topic, and the
status hasn't changed: of course it is just software, so it is possible, but
it will take a significant amount of work, and this is nothing we plan on
supporting in the platform any time soon.  And as I've said before, I would
very much question the utility of this for netbooks anyway -- I certainly
know that in my experience on my netbook, the screen is small enough, that I
basically want to always run the current app full-screen.  I think one can
extend the current Android window manager to work quite well on netbooks
without turning it into a desktop style UI.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.