Not sure how to phrase this, but I am trying to make some changes to
the Location framework so that it will generate a log when third party
applications use it.

A stumbling block I am having is how to determine which application is
calling the API.

For example, there is a method called getSpeed() in the Location
class. Whenever this method is called, I'd like to generate a database
entry that says something like:

"getSpeed() method called by XXX application."

The problem is, I can't figure out how to determine what XXX is. Does
anybody have any suggestion about this? Without this field, my project
may be sunk.

Thanks,

Mike

PS - this is for the project I outlined in this thread a few days ago:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/msg/cb903b4c83a9c97c