Here is a code snippet hoping that someone blessed with Android
Knowledge wud answer my query...
continueUpdate.xml

<PreferenceScreen xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android" >
        <PreferenceCategory android:title="@string/softwareUpdate">
                 <Preference android:key="continueUpdate"
                        android:title="@string/continueUpdate"
                        android:dialogTitle="@string/continueUpdate" />
        </PreferenceCategory>
</PreferenceScreen>

<PreferenceScreen xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android" >
        <PreferenceCategory android:title="@string/softwareUpdate">
                <Preference android:key="checkUpdate"
                        android:title="@string/checkUpdate"
                        android:dialogTitle="@string/checkUpdate" />
        </PreferenceCategory>
</PreferenceScreen>

Now in code, HelloAndroid.java

addPrefrencesFromResource(R.xml.checkpreference);
if(ok) //Expected Output: To replace checkPreference with
continuePreference screen.
addPrefrencesFromResource(R.xml.continuepreference); //Actual Output:
Results in Screen break i.e., appending with previous screen. :(

Whereas if Preference Screen is loaded through code then,
setPreferenceScreen(mPS1);
if(ok) //Expected Output: To replace checkPreference with
continuePreference screen.
setPreferenceScreen(mPS2); //Actual Output: Same as Expected Output :)

Please do let me know how do I replace the preference screen through
xml.