Jim Ancona wrote:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Michael Trimarchi
<trimar...@gandalf.sssup.it> wrote:
Hi all,

I have released a new version of the filesystem. I would like to know exacly
how to test
gprs, and how to activate data connectivity. I don't find a setting panel in
android.
RadioInfo Panel. have I the data connettivity off by default?

Michael,

I'm downloading your v15 image and I'll give it a try. I found this
page useful in setting up the APN for GPRS access, but you will need
to Google for the setting for your carrier:
http://piaw.blogspot.com/2008/12/cheapskate-guide-to-getting-g1-running.html

Jim

I do that using sqllite but I don't undestand where is the RadioInfo setting panel. I have the info panel, but I can't set the data connection status. Maybe I miss some message in implementation in the ril. If anyoone has try the Sean Image mabybe
can send me a complete logcat of a gprs connection.
Michael
[DataConnectionTracker] Clean up connection due to apnChanged
D/GSM     (  879): [DataConnection] Stop poll NetStat
D/GSM     (  879): [DataConnectionTracker] ***trySetupData due to
(unspecified)
D/GSM     (  879): [DataConnectionTracker] trySetupData: Not ready for data:
 dataState=IDLE gprsState=1 sim=true UMTS=false phoneState=IDLE
dataEnabled=true roaming=true dataOnRoamingEnable=true

Can anyone test on Sean McNeil Images? Sean do you know how to test gprs?

Michael