[gulshan.karm...@gmail.com]

> Hi All,
>
>       Can anyone explain why Google chooses odd versions of Kernel
> tree ?
>
>        It is valid not to use the latest version for developments but
> why always odd ones like 25 and 27.

2.6.25 was the most recent released kernel when we were finalizing
things for 1.0.  2.6.27 was the most recent released kernel when we
moved forward from 2.6.25.

We need a stable tree for development, and we currently base that tree
on a released kernel (not a -rc).  We will periodically shift
development forward to the newest released kernel as baseline.

There's nothing special about odd-numbered kernel versions.

Brian