The adb kernel driver actually could support another protocol.  The
only limitation is that there is a maximum 4096 byte packet size.  Of
course you would need to write your own program on the PC that
understands the data you are sending from the device.  And you could
not use adb at all if you hijack the adb driver for another purpose.

You could use the adb sources as a starting point for whatever it is
you are trying to do.  But it sounds like it would be a non-trivial
effort and I don't think anyone on this mailing list will be able to
help you with it.

Mike

--
Mike Lockwood