Hi All,

I will be grateful if you please provide your advice on the following:

Each time when I am using the following command:

ping -6 2004:db4:4000::4000,

I get the following error :

[1] Bus Error  ping -6 2004:db4:4000::4000

Could you please advise why is there this Bus Error? and also how to
use ping6 for pinging an Ipv6 client? Using ping for ipv4 works fine.

Also why does auto-configuration of Ipv6 on the G1 phone does not
work? that is why the G1 phone can't receive a RADVD message?

Thanks you a lot

=======
Below are the steps that I have made to get this Bus error:

Compile the Kernel with ipv6 enabled.

Assigned the G1 dev phone an Ipv6 address of 2004:db4:4000::2000 using
ifconfig command

Configured a wireless router with DHCP enabled  and assigned it an
Ipv6 address of 2004:db4:4000::4000.

Then connected the G1 phone to my machine (Ubuntu 8.10), and connected
to the phone via adb and then issued the command ping -6
2004:db4:4000::4000.

One thing I would like to add that when running wireshark on the PC
whose address is 2004:db4:4000::4000, it could actually find ping ICMP
packets send from the G1 phone.

=======