There is no documentation other than the code itself.  The function
framework was a temporary solution that ended up staying around longer
than it should have.  We are in the process of transitioning to gadget
and do not plan on porting the USB function code to 2.6.31, so I would
recommend avoiding it and using gadget instead.

Mike

--
Mike Lockwood
Google android team