Thanks for the answers, guys.

I can't really get my head around the C code, but I read the documentation.
>From everything I read about scheduling algorithms in RTLinux seems to
suggest that scheduling algorithms are loadable modules and any of them can
be used.

However, the document Documentation/scheduler/sched-rt-group.txt says the
EDF scheduler is not implemented.

I also read that Michael and his colleague developed an EDF scheduler
recently. Is it used in Android 2?

All I read about in about a 1000 places is how the scheduler works when it
selects tasks and how it works with priority queues. What I can't seem to
find (and I'm probably looking right at it) is how are those priorities
assigned in the first place, ie, which algorithm is used.

Does the fact that the docs state there is no EDF mean that a fixed priority
algorithm like RMA/DMA is used?

Thanks again.