On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM, poseidon <basilvargh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to develop a block driver for my device with kernel
> version 2.6.28.

What type of block driver?  Is this some new type of hardware
that Linux doesn't currently support?

> I initialise my request queue with blk_init_queue() and initialise
> rest of elements in the queue with corresponding kernel calls. verify
> that the queue pointer in gendisk is not null before i call
> add_disk(). But when add_disk try to access my queue it gets a NULL
> pointer dereference error. anyone of you have seen any similar issues
> before?

Do you have a pointer to your source code anywhere?

Asking this on the linux-kernel mailing list, with a pointer to your
code, and the exact kernel oops you get, would be the best place to
solve it.

good luck,

greg k-h