Here is an example of a modules.conf I had lying around:

"# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a "#", and everything on the line after them are ignored.

loop
input
usbkbd
usbmouse
joydev
sunrpc
lockd........."

and here is an example of bootable/newinstaller/initrd/scripts/0-auto-
detect:

"# By Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@linux.org.tw>
# Last updated 2009/08/14
#
# License: GNU Public License
# We explicitely grant the right to use the scripts
# with Android-x86 project.
#

# An auto detect function provided by kinneko
auto_detect()
{
        tmp=/tmp/dev2mod
        echo 'dev2mod() { while read dev; do case $dev in' > $tmp
        sort -r /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.alias | \
                sed -n 's/^alias  *\([^ ]*\)  *\(.*\)/\1)modprobe \2;;/p' >>
$tmp
        echo 'esac; done; }' >> $tmp
        source $tmp
        cat /sys/bus/*/devices/*/modalias | dev2mod
}

# FB0DEV: framebuffer driver
# LANDEV: lan driver
# WIFDEV: wifi driver
# SNDDEV: sound driver
# CAMDEV: camera driver
# PREDEV: any module the drivers depend on but can't be loaded
automatically
# EXTMOD: any other module

asus_info()
{
        # common for all Eee PC models
        [ -c /dev/fb0 ] || FB0DEV=i915
        EXTMOD=eeepc-laptop
        PREDEV=snd-hda-codec-realtek
        SNDDEV=snd-hda-intel
        CAMDEV=uvcvideo

        board=`cat /sys/class/dmi/id/product_name`
        # assume Eee PC models
        case "$board" in
                700|701|702|900)
                        LANDEV=atl2
                        WIFDEV=ath5k
                        ;;
                701SD|900SD)
                        LANDEV=atl1e
                        WIFDEV=rtl8187se
                        ;;
                900A|904HD|1000HD)
                        LANDEV=atl1e
                        WIFDEV=ath5k
                        ;;
                901|1000|1000H)
                        LANDEV=atl1e
                        WIFDEV=rt2860sta
                        ;;
                ET1602*)
                        FB0DEV=
                        UVESA_MODE=${UVESA_MODE:-1366x768}
                        LANDEV=r8169
                        WIFDEV=rt2860sta
                        ;;
                T91)
                        FB0DEV=
                        UVESA_MODE=${UVESA_MODE:-1024x600}
                        LANDEV=atl1e
                        WIFDEV=ath9k
                        ;;
                A6VM*)
                        EXTMOD=asus-laptop
                        LANDEV=skge
                        WIFDEV=ipw2200
                        ;;
                *)
                        LANDEV=atl1e
                        WIFDEV=ath9k
                        ;;
        esac
}

samsung_info()
{
        [ -c /dev/fb0 ] || FB0DEV=i915
        EXTMOD=hso
        PREDEV=snd-hda-codec-realtek mii rfkill
        SNDDEV=snd-hda-intel
        CAMDEV=gspca_vc032x
        WIFDEV=ath5k
        LANDEV=b44
}
......"

The 2 of these files look somewhat foreign from each other to me lol.
I would like to know how to incorporate the first example into the
second example. It's nice to see people help out the way you all do on
here. BTW I can provide more complete examples if you request them. :)

Jared