Hi Thisara,

Did anyone send his/her opinion on this topic? Actually long ago I gave an
attempt to build the kernel using cygwin and the compiler in windows but it
did not work. I did not dig deep into the issue but intial analysis reveled
that there were some binaries in the linux build system which did not work
on cygwin environment. I think the only way to overcome it is to rebuild
them using the mIngw in windoes cygwin environment.

Did anyone post you a sucessful cygwin windos compilation story ? If yes
plese forward me that mail.
Thanks..

Regards,
Karthik Poduval

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Thisara Rupasinghe
<thisara...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As i know Android source can not be build on Windows. Cant we work that on
> windows too like its on Mac. Why is this can not build on windows? what are
> the barriers? if there is anyone who is aware of this issue please let me
> know what we have to do to build this on windows. i would like to contribute
> to make this build-able on windows...
>
> Thank You
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,